Friday 28 March 2008

The journey begins

So I did all the technically downloading stuff (which is actually really simple) and I was into the game. When you first sign in FML directs you through it's 'set up wizard', which takes you through a step by step process of setting up your profile, your team info and then onto your team squad.


Even though you can break away from the wizard, I would recommend using it as a base template - for example when it comes to selecting a squad, I would use the wizard up to the point where you fill in your base parameters of how many players in each position. However, after it provides you with a initial squad I would then advise most newbies to:
a) 'DON'T PRESS 'confirm squad' yet,
then b) break away from the wizard temporarily and use the worldwide free agents database to then fine tune your squad to meet your needs (ie: If you want four 6ft8 big lumps up front, you can remove your initial squad players for no fee and then search out your man mountains on the database. Only when you are completely happy with your squad should you press' confirm squad', as after that date you can't change your squad without paying for it!

Back to the wizard, and you can either play a game straight away or find a Federation for yourself (I chose the later as I wanted to think about my tactics before being flung in at the deep end). After you've chosen the federation to suit you 'weekdays', 'weekday evenings', 'weekends' etc etc etc and you've got a feel for the layout slightly more, then jump into a match.

Warning: Don't be surprise if you get hammered in the first match, remember unless you're joining right at the very very beginning, other people will know more about the game than you.


Right that's it for this post, more later on Friday, including my player profile, my first few games and my first World Ranking (I'm not bottom - just!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heyyy
I'm Haowan from the SI forums...
I play FML too! Mabye I'll play you sometime!

peth999 / Walcott's Wonderkids said...

Yes fella, what gameworld you in?

If you are in GM4 then challenge us to a friendly anytime, I'll be keen. :-)